National Service Scheme
In India, the idea of involving students in the task of national service dates back to the times of Mahatma Gandhi. The post-independence era was marked by an urge for introducing social service.
The University Grants Commission headed by Dr. Radhakrishnan recommended to introduce National Service in the Academic Institutions on a voluntary basis in order to have a healthy contact between the students and teachers on one hand and establishing a relationship between the campus and community on the other hand.
- In 1959, a draft outline of the scheme was placed before the Education Ministers Conference.
- In 1960, Prof. K.G. Saiyidain studied national service by students and submitted his report under the title “National Service for the Youth”
- The Education Commission headed by Dr. D.S. Kothari (1964-66) recommended this programme called the National Service Scheme (NSS).
- On September 24, 1969, the Union Education Minister Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao, launched the NSS programme in 37 universities.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- To understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- To practice national integration and social harmony
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You“,
- Reflects the essence of democratic living
- And upholds the need for selfless service.
- Individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society
- The NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
NSS ODD SEMESTER 2017
|1||Tree Plantation in Memory of late Dr. Abdul Kalam on 26.07.2017|
|2||Tree Plantation in KNC Women Arts and Science College on 26.07.2017|
|3||Tree Plantation in CKCET College Premises on 26.07.2017|
|4||Marathon Race on World Youth Day from Town Hall to Silver Beach on 17.9.2017|
|5||Distributing NilavembuKashayam during Health Awareness Camp conducted in CK School and CKCET College|
|6||Palmyra Seeding in Sea Shore at Sonankuppam on 26.08 2017|
|7||Blood Donation Camp Conducted in CKCET Premises on 31.08 2017|
|8||College Road Cleaning Camp Conducted on 28.10. 2017|
|9||Orientation Program at BIT Campus, Trichy on 16.09. 2017|
|10||NSS Special Orientation Camp (2017-2018)|
NSS ODD SEMESTER 2018
|1||Tree Plantation for World Environment Day In CKCET Campus on 05.06.2018|
|2||World Yoga Day Celebration in CKCET Premises on 21.06.2018|
|3||Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Camp at Naduveerapaitu Village on 10.09.2018|
|4||Tree Plantation In ANNA Stadium, Cuddalore on 05.08.2018|
|5||Flood Relief Camp in Kerala|
|6||Blood Donation Camp In CKCET Premises on 31.08.2018|