|B.E||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Bharathiar University||2001|
|M.E.||Power Electronics and Drives||PSG College of Technology||2003|
|Ph.D||Faculty of Electrical Engineering||Anna University||2015|
|PERIOD||NO OF YEARS||DESIGNATION||INSTITUTION/COMPANY|
|OCT 2019 to Till Date||–||PROFESSOR & PRINCIPAL||CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore|
|Dec 2017 to OCT 2019||1 Year 11 Months||Professor and Head, Dept. of EEE||CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore|
|Jan 2017 to Dec 2017||1 Year||Professor(Ratified by JNTU)||Holy Mary Institute of Technology and Science, Ranga Reddy Dist., Hyderabad|
|July 2015 to Dec2016||1 Year 5 Months||Professor||Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Institute of Research and Technology|
|Jan 2008 to Dec 2014||7 years||Assistant Professor (Senior Grade)||Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai|
|July2003 to Dec 2007||4 year 5 Months||Lecturer||SASTRA University, Thanjavur|
- Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2014, ‘Instantaneous reference current scheme based power management system for a solar/wind/fuel cell fed hybrid power supply’, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems (Elsevier), vol. 55, pp. 155-170. (Impact Factor: 3.432, 5 Year Impact Factor: 3.111)
- Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2013, ‘Fuzzy logic controller based power management for a standalone solar/wind/fuel cell fed hybrid system’, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy,(American Institute of Physics) vol. 5, no. 5, DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1063/ 1.4827315 (Impact Factor: 1.514)
- Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2014, ‘A Simple Power Management Scheme with Enhanced Stability for a Solar PV/Wind/Fuel cell fed Standalone Hybrid Power Supply using Embedded and Neural Network Controller’, Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 1454-1470 (Impact Factor: 0.725)
- Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2014, ‘An intelligent power conditioner with enhanced power quality and reduced current ripple for a solar / wind / fuel cell fed standalone and grid – interactive hybrid power supply’, Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, (Impact Factor: 0.125) (In Press)
- B. Karthikeyan, S. Gopal, S. Venkatesh and S. Saravanan, “PNN and Its Adaptive Version- An Ingenious Approach to PD Pattern Classification Compared With BPA Network” International Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol. 57, no.3, pp. 138−145, 2006. (Impact Factor: 0.508, 5 Year Impact Factor: 0.549)
- Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2014, ‘A Simple Power Management Scheme with Enhanced Stability for a Solar PV/Wind/Fuel Cell/Grid Fed Hybrid Power Supply Designed for Industrial Loads’, European Power Electronics and Drives Journal, (Impact Factor: 0.224) (Accepted)
- Gomathy, S, Saravanan, S & Thangavel, S 2012, ‘Design and Implementation of Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Algorithm for a Standalone PV System’, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 1-7.
- Saravanan, S, Vidhya, R, Thangavel, S 2013, ‘Online SOC estimation and Intelligent Battery Charger for Solar PV System’, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 301- 304.
- Saravanan, S, Sureshkumar, A, Thangavel, S 2013, ‘A New Topology of Multiple-Input Converter with Embedded Controller Based Power Management’, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 251-259.
- Senthikumar S & Saravanan S, “Enhancing the Efficiency of Solar Panel by Reducing the Environmental Temperature” Journal of Applied Sciences and Computations, vol. 6, no. 3, March 2019. DOI:16.10089.JASC.2018.V6I4.453459.1890010459
- Dr. Saravanan S, “Neural and Fuzzy Controller based Power Conditioner for Fuel Cell fed Grid Interactive Hybrid Power Supply” Journal of Applied Sciences and Computations, vol. 6, no. 3, March 2019.
- J.Aarthy ,G. Tamil Selvi , R.Bhuvaneswari, Dr.S.Saravanan, “Design and Development of High Voltage (High DC, Lightning Impulse, Switching Impulse) Testing Facility” Journal of Applied Sciences and Computations, vol. 6, no. 3, March 2019.
Presentation of Research Papers in International Conferences
- S. Saravanan, R. Rajesh, B. Karthikeyan and S. Venkatesh, “Dielectric Integrity Test – A Tuned Circuit Approach”, VIIIth IEEE International Conference on Properties and Application of Dielectric Materials (ICPADM’06), June 26-30, Bali, Indonesia, 2006. (Participated and Presented)
- S. Saravanan, S. Vidhya, S. Thangavel, “Design and Development of Multiple-Input Converter for Renewable Energy Integration” International Conference on Process Automation Control and Computing (PACC), Coimbatore Institute of Technology, pp. 1-6, 2011. (Available in IEEE EXPLORE) DOI: 10.1109 /PACC.2011.5978881
- B. Karthikeyan, R. Rajesh, M. Balasubramanian and S. Saravanan , “Experimental Investigations on IEC Suggested Methods for Improving Wave shape During Impulse Voltage Testing”, VIIIth IEEE International Conference on Properties and Application of Dielectric Materials (ICPADM’06), June 26-30, Bali, Indonesia, 2006. (Participated and Presented)
- K. Kathirvel, B. Hariram, N. Sivakumar, S. Saravanan, “Novel SRM Converter Connected to the Voltage Source Inverter”, Proceedings of the IEEE National Conference on Recent Trends In Power Systems and Drives (NCRTPSD’06) organised by SSN Col lege of Engineering, kalavakkam, Tami lnadu, India, Apri l 20-21, 2006.
Presentation of Research Papers in National Conferences
- B. Karthikeyan, S. Saravanan & N. SivaKumar “Partial Discharge Pattern Classification using Fuzzy Logic” Proceedings of the National conference in Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering (RTEE’04), organized by K.S.R College of Technology, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India, July 30 & 31, 2004.
- B. Karthikeyan, S. Saravanan & N. Sivakumar, “Computer Aided Diagnosis of Partial Discharge Patterns using Neural Network” Proceedings of the National conference in Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering (RTEE’04), organized by K.S.R College of Technology,Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India, July 30 & 31, 2004.
|Title of the Course||Start Date||End Date||Duration (Weeks)||University/Organization||Platform|
|MATLAB Master Class: Go from Beginner to Expert in MATLAB||Self Paced||19.11.2018||23 Hours||Udemy||Online|
|Learn Step-by-Step How to Build a Smart Home System||Self Paced||11.05.2019||9 Hours||Udemy||Online|
|Make a Living as a Smart Home Automation & IoT Installer||Self Paced||11.05.2019||15 Hours||Udemy||Online|
|Analysis of Impulse Voltage Distribution in Power Transformer||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)||Rs. 5 Lakh||Member|
|NAME OF INDUSTRY||DETAILS||PERIOD|
|National Instructional Media Institute (NIMI), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. Of India||Development of Books Titled ‘Repair and Maintenance of Electronic Test Equipments’ and ‘Communication Systems’(Amount – 3.4Lakhs)||2010 – 2011|
Seminar & Workshop Attended:
- Training Programme on ‘Familiarisation of Power Scenario and Trends in Power System Operation’ at National Power Training Institute on 25th February 2005.
- Workshop on ‘APPLICATIONS OF DIGITAL VARIABLE SPPED DRIVES’ organized by Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai during 14th and 15th November 2008.
- Workshop on ‘RECENT TRENDS IN DIGITAL AND EMBEDDED CONTROL OF POWER CONVERTERS AND DRIVES’ organized by MEPCO SCHLENK Engineering College during September 17 – 19, 2009
- Department of Information Technology (DIT) Sponsored Seminar on ‘COMPUTATIONAL INTELLIGENCE FOR AUTOMATION’ during 8th and 9th October, 2009
- National Workshop on ‘RENEWABLE ELECTRICAL ENERGY SYSTEMS’ organized by SSN College of Engineering during September 14-15, 2012
- Workshop on ‘Bio-Inspired Computing – Research and Applications’ organized by Dept. of EEE, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai
- National Workshop on ‘Outcome Based Education – NBA Accreditation’ organized by IQAC Cell, CK College of Engineering and Technology, Cuddalore on 20th December, 2017
Lectures Delivered Outside CKCET:
|Keynote Speech on the Topic Titled “ N-Phase Interleaved
Boost Converter for Renewable Energy Sources based Hybrid Power Systems
|National Conference on Science Engineering and Technology, NCSET’18.
Sri Sunflower College of Engineering and Technology, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh
|NAME OF SOCIETY||DETAILS||PERIOD|
|International Association of Engineers (IAENG).||Membership ID: 126571||Life Member|
|Science and Engineering Institute (SCIEI).||Membership ID: 20160107001||Life Member|
|International Technology and Engineering Educators Association||–||Life Member|